Marin joined Claremont Graduate University in Fall 2016 after graduating from the University of St. Thomas in Saint Paul, Minnesota with a BA in Psychology. She will graduate from CGU with her Masters degree in Positive Developmental Psychology and Evaluation in May, 2018.
Marin connected with YD Eval shortly after beginning her education at CGU in response to Dr. Tiffany Berry’s passion, purpose, and leadership. She was inspired to join a community that fostered applied work in combination with rigorous evaluation and research training. Marin thoroughly enjoys the opportunities YD Eval contributes to her academic, interest, and career development, and continues to work alongside supportive and energetic colleagues on two main evaluation projects: an evaluation of the Los Angeles Unified School District’s BTB & LA84 after school sports program, and LAUSD’s middle school after school program evaluation. Both ventures maintain a focus in fostering positive youth development. She contributes to these projects through a variety of tasks, including:
- Literature reviews alongside program theory development and consideration
- Participation in client meetings and continuous, open communication
- Quantitative survey creation, data collection, analyses in R, and interpretation
- Qualitative survey organization, data collection, and analyses
- Interview protocol construction, personal and group interview execution, and interview data coding, analyses, and interpretation
- Observation protocol development, on-site observations, associated data coding, and observation training for stakeholders
- Report writing and editing, including infographic generation
- Collaboration with an excellent evaluation team and inspiring clients
Evaluation work in YD Eval has sparked Marin’s passion for the importance of positive youth programs, positive coaching – especially within sports environments, and knowledge contribution towards how to best develop flourishing youth participants. She hopes to share her knowledge in human development through teaching and continue work in the field of evaluation to assist program development and growth towards a more positive world.
In her free time, Marin enjoys sharing her energy through yoga instruction, life coaching, and physical activity such as dance and running. She is continuously inspired by the generosity, kindness, and passion of her friends, family, and colleagues, and hopes to serve as a positive resource and energy in the lives of those around her.