Effective leadership can take several forms and we have strategically built our products and services around six dimensions of leadership as presented below. Existing leadership research indicates that these are the six inclusive approaches to understanding effective leadership and leader development.
Leadership is a complex topic, and we developed the 6P Leadership framework as a way of describing six critical aspects of effective leadership.
- Passion & Purpose: Passion & Purpose refers to awareness of individual values, motivations, and goals—how well they are aligned in daily life, and how they are communicated to others.
- Pursuit: Pursuit describes the way a leader thinks about his or her own development—your degree of openness to feedback, and strategies for monitoring and evaluating progress.
- Pathways: Pathways is all about execution. The key is creating structure—setting performance expectations, clarifying goals and roles, allocating resources, identifying obstacles and tracking progress.
- People & Place: People & Place describes the way leaders create a culture for their team through forming open and supportive relationships with individuals and by fostering a cohesive group identity marked by trust, commitment, and pride.
- Problem-Solving: Problem-Solving is about strategy and decision-making, including a leader’s skill in critical thinking, innovation, and keeping a balanced perspective.
- Positive Persuasion: Positive Persuasion is about connecting with people in ways they experience as meaningful and motivating. This covers a wide range of abilities, including writing clearly and convincing, expressing emotions through body language, and using time-honored influence tactics.
LeAD 360 is a 360-degree leadership assessment designed based on LeAD Labs’ 6P Leadership framework.