Support and advance the new scholarship on and practice of evidence-based Positive HRM by conducting research activities using the scientist-practitioner model of knowledge creation, connection, and application.
One-line Version (Grandma Definition):
Positively reinventing HR.
Short Version (Practical Definition):
The application of positive psychology principles and evidence-based approaches and interventions to HRM’s traditional roles and practices.
Long Version (Academic Definition):
- The application of positive psychology principles and evidence-based approaches and interventions to HRM’s traditional roles and practices;
- to achieve breakthroughs in organizational and individual performance and well-being; and,
- serve as a catalyst for developing positive institutions and organizations that can serve as agents of and for community and global benefit, centered on human and environmental (physical, organizational, cultural) flourishing.
- Integrity: Honor, honesty, strength of character, ethics, consistency among words and actions
- Impact: Making a difference, positively changing the world, creating legacy
- Respect: Fair treatment, valuing individuals for uniqueness and their voice
- Learning: Continuing education, expanding knowledge, continuous growth
- Passion: Enthusiasm, harmonious attraction
- Responsibility: Sense of duty or commitment, conscientiousness
- We are mission-oriented and values-driven.
- We are evidence-base and we follow the scientist-practitioner model of knowledge creation, connection, and application.
- We say what we mean and mean what we say.
- We take responsibility and deliver what we promise and committed to.
- We demonstrate humility by adopting a growth mindset to learn, unlearn, and re-learn.
- We value teamwork, collaboration, and synergy by accepting and celebrating each other’s individuality, contributions, and potential.
- We approach our work with harmonious passion.